Top 10 Green New Year's Resolutions for your Office
1. Clean the air of impurities and harmful pollutants such as formaldehyde benzene and trichloroethylene found in many paints, plastics, insulation, plywood carpets and synthetic fabrics by adding plants to your office space.
2. Reduce absenteeism among employees by adding plants to the office. Research shows that plant-filled rooms contain 50 - 60 percent fewer disease causing airborne molds and bacteria than rooms without plants. It is recommended that one plant for each 100 square feet of floor space be used to cleanse the air and combat 'sick building syndrome.'
3. Brighten up your office entrance with containerized plantings that are welcoming for customers and employees. Use recycled containers for the added "green" element.
4. Freshen up your atrium or lobby with a new landscaping design and/or new plants. A new look for the new year will be welcoming to employees who walk through this area every day.
5. Reduce noise and echoes in your office space by adding plants to problem areas.
6. Bring color into drab office spaces with brightly colored containers, flowering plants or even colorful non-flowering plants.
7. Lower your utility bills with plants. Interior plants lower operations and maintenance costs by decreasing air temperatures in offices by as much as 10 degrees. This plant-cooling process is called transpiration.
8. Improve efficiency and productivity with plants scattered throughout the office. Be sure to place them around cubicles and in individual offices to maximize the benefits.
9. Redecorate your office. Plants are one of the least expensive ways to change the look of your workspace.
10. Don't let your plants die from under- or over-watering! Let a Buckingham Greenery technician keep your plants healthy and fresh.