A living wall, or green wall as it is also referred, can be free-standing with custom-made structure, and is partially or completely covered with plants and, in some cases, soil or an inorganic growing medium.
Our living green wall consisted of:(from left to right)
1. Aglaonema 'Mystic Marble' - common name Mystic Marble; this is a new variety of Aglaonemas
2. Epipremnum aureum 'Neon' - common name Neon Pothos
3. Neoreglia carolinae – common name Tricolor Bromeliad
4. Epipremnum aureum 'Jade' – common name Jade Pothos
5. Neoreglia carolinae – common name Tricolor Bromeliad
6. Epipremnum aureum 'Neon' - common name Neon Pothos
7. Aglaonema 'Mystic Marble' - common name Mystic Marble; this is a new variety of Aglaonemas
The plants reduce overall temperatures of the building which in turn reduces energy consumption.
A living green wall also helps reduce the affects of Sick Building Syndrome, a combination of ailments associated with an individual's place of work. Live plants act as an air purifier to help regulate air temperature and moisture as well as pulling contaminants from the air.
A building with a living green wall reinforces the Green culture of a company and their initiative for a sustainable, green environment.
Ask Buckingham Greenery where you can have a living wall in your office space!
Call or email us today for a consultation!